Reviews by kmdodrill
We have ordered from here quite a few times. Usually, it’s pretty good. The times when it’s not so good is when the food is too salty.
- The poblano pepper cheese grits and the milagros have always tasted great and are cooked well.
- The salsa is always way too salty and the last few times we ordered from here I didn’t even touch it.
- I’ve also had the shrimp and grits, but they didn’t first remove the tails, and they were extremely overcooked.
- My girlfriend has had some of their chicken dishes and their “campfire sandwich” and she enjoyed them.
- Stay away from their guacamole. It’s almost like a whip - way too light.
Overall, look to spend around $25~$30. From what we have experienced living here for almost a year, there’s not much else that’s as good. It’s decent, and good to choose if you want something cooked reasonably well for an okay price.
We ordered for pickup:
- Crunchy shrimp and avocado roll
- Chicken lo mein
- Age[sic]d[/sic] dashi tofu
- Fried wontons
This place has amazing reviews on yelp and google. Unfortunately it’s been a common occurrence for us specifically for Jackson, TN to have amazing reviews for restaurants that have terrible food.
Everyone inside was nice, it was just the food. There was almost nobody there so I thought that maybe our food would be made with extra care (it was not).
- The sushi was bare-bones. It being cheap, I expected basic sushi but this kinda let me down. The shrimp is not fried, they just packed some crispy panko or something similar in with it.
- The tofu was not deep fried, like they claim on the menu. Seemed like maybe they just microwaved it. The menu item is called “Age Dashi tofu” - it included a small container of sauce that was super thin and didn’t add much of anything to it. Dashi is usually very concentrated so I highly doubt there’s any dashi in it.
- The lo mein was way too salty.
- The wontons were overcooked, almost burnt.